Skip to main content

Falsettos (2016 Revival)

Falsettos. Also known as
- RENT: The Prelude
- Gays Keep Dying: The Musial
- Daddy's Kissing Boys, BUT WE CAN'T SEE IT: The Musical
- Stop Traumatizing Jason: The Musical
- Gay Jews: The Prequel
- Sadness and Tears
- And many many more

Credit to the Wheezer Squad for helping me come up with some of those.

If you have seen the Falsettos 2016 revival, then this post is for you. And by see the revival, I am also counting if you saw the bootleg.
The Tight-Knit Family
I didn't get into the musical until it was too late to see the revival. However, I am in love with it.

The cast of the 2016 revival:
Christian Borle as Marvin
Andrew Rannells as Whizzer Brown
Anthony Rosenthal as Jason
Stephanie J. Block as Trina
Brandon Uranowitz as Dr. Mendel Weisenbachfeld
Tracie Thoms as Dr. Charlotte
Betsy Wolfe as Cordelia
Trina, Whizzer, Mendel, Marvin, and Jason in Falsettoland at the start of act two
Track List:
Act 1
1. Four Jews in a Room Bitching
2. Tight-Knit Family
3. Love is Blind
4. Thrill of First Love
5. Marvin at the Psychiatrist
6. Everyone Tells Jason to See a Psychiatrist
7. This Had Better Come to a Stop
8. I'm Breaking Down
9. Please Come to Our House
10. Jason's Therapy
11.A Marriage Proposal
12. Tight-Knit Family (Reprise)
13.Trina's Song
14. Mach of the Falsettos
15. Trina's Song (Reprise)
16. The Chess Game
17. Making a Home
18. The Games I Play
19. Marvin Hits Trina
20. I Never Wanted to Love You
21. Father to Son
Act 2
22. Falsettoland/It's About Time
23. Year of the Child
24. Miracle of Judaism
25. The Baseball Game
26. A Day in Falsettoland/Racquetball
27. The Fight
28. Everyone Hates His Parents
29. What More Can I Say?
30. Something Bad is Happening
31. More Racquetball
32. Holding to the Ground
33. Days Like This
34. Cancelling the Bar Mitzvah
35. Unlikely Lovers
36. Another Miracle of Judaism
37. Something Bad is Happening (Reprise)
38. You Gotta Die Sometime
39. Jason's Bar Mitzvah
40. What Would I Do?
41. Falsettoland (Reprise)
Racquetball
I honestly have no idea how to go about this post, so bear with me. I really don't want this post to get to long, but I love Falsettos so much, I can write pages about it.

DISCLAIMER: I love Christian Borle with my heart and soul, but I have a love/hate relationship with Marvin. Because he is a bit of an ass for most of the musical and Christian played him very well.

I honestly got into Falsettos mainly because of the revival. I have been a fan of Christian Borle and Andrew Rannells for a long time. I saw a few of the promo videos and everyone was talking about it, so finally, two days before they closed on Broadway, I got into it. Unfortunately, I did not get to see it live, which sucks, but I still love it very much.

Betsy Wolfe, Tracie Thoms, Anthony Rosenthal, Christian Borle,
Andrew Rannells, Stephanie J. Block, Bran Uran
I think the entire cast did an amazing job and I fell in love with all of them, even though it was just Christian and Andrew who attracted me to it. And I admire that the cast became a family because of the show.

I think it's safe to say that Falsettos is my favorite musical, so far in my life. I saved 77 photos from the revival onto my laptop for this post, but I will not use them all.

Everything about this production is amazing. The simple set and set pieces that fit into a cube. The amazing cast. The costumes. The music. I just love it so much.

Overall Thoughts:
Favorite Character: Mendel
Least Favorite Character: AIDS (Of course)
Favorite Song: "Love is Blind"
Least Favorite Song: "Something Bad is Happening (Reprise)"
Rating Out of 10: 11/10
Falsettos Opening Night
I have some ideas for thoughts about he musical. For example, whether or not Marvin was abusive towards Trina, Jason and Whizzer. And what happened after Whizzer died. But I'll put those in another blog post for later. I'll also explain in that post exactly why I love/hate Marvin. He is my BitterQueen.

There will probably be more Falsettos posts in the future to look forward to because I love it so much. And maybe more posts about musicals.

Expect posts about Christian Borle, Stephanie J. Block, Bran Uran, and Andrew Rannells in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

Defending Jesse St. James to the Death

I've already done my casual screaming about Jonathan Groff. You can read it here.  Today, we're going to talk about the character he played in Glee. That character is my favorite character in Glee: Jesse St. James. I'll try not to make this post too long. People look at Jesse as the villain of season one. I understand why they feel that way, but I disagree. I know. If you believe him to be the villain, you'll point out when he and the rest of Vocal Adrenaline eggs Rachel in the McKinley High parking lot which can be seen here: Rachel says "Break it, like you broke my heart." And Jesse responds "I loved you." And then breaks the egg on her head. Jesse really did love Rachel. I know he only got involved with her initially to set her up and to try and destroy New Directions from the inside, but he did end up falling in love with her. I, personally, believe that she deserved the egging. Mostly because she broke his heart. Let's not forget t