Skip to main content

Casual Screaming About Andrew Rannells

Andrew Rannells is nominated for a Tony for his portrayal of Whizzer Brown in the 2016 revival of Falsettos.
Andrew being the supermodel he naturally is.
If Andrew wins, this will be his first Tony. And, honestly, he deserves it. The man is good. He is amazing. His voice. His acting. He is great.
He looks like a real estate agent.
Let's start at the beginning. It was 2011 or 2012, when I saw a clip of Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad in Book of Mormon. I immediately crushed on Andrew and needed to find out who he was. But then I learned it was Broadway, and similar to what happened with Christian Borle, I did not know that you could be a fan of Broadway without seeing a Broadway show.

I nearly forgot Andrew until 2016, when I got into Hamilton and learned he played King George III for a short time. I finally got into Book of Mormon, when I started becoming a fan of the King George III of Hamilton, at the time, Rory O'Malley was talking about it. I listened to the cast album and instantly fell in love with it. It's a great musical. I HIGHLY recommend it. I got blessed with winning the Book of Mormon lotto and was lucky enough to go see it and I am still so stunned and I can happily say it was my first Broadway show. I didn't see Andrew as Elder Price, I saw Nic Rouleau who is amazing.
Andrew, Josh Gad, and the cast of Book of Mormon
Shortly after I got into Book of Mormon, I learned about Falsettos and I got into Falsettos and I watched Falsettos and I fell in love with Falsettos. Give Andrew Rannells his Tony. He did a phenomenal job playing Whizzer and Falsettos is one of my favorite musicals because of his performance. And everyone else's performance, but he did an amazing job. I'll include a montage of his performance.
I started watching Girls on HBO because of Andrew, but I really like it, so I'm going to watch it for him and because I just enjoy it.

Another musical I fell in love with thanks to him, is Hedwig and the Angry Inch. He did a great job with it. It is my second favorite musical of all time.
Again, supermodel
As of 2017, he has two Tony nominations. The first for his portrayal of Elder Price in Book of Mormon in 2011 and his second, this year for his portrayal of Whizzer in the Falsettos revival. I do hope that he wins this Tony, because he does deserve it.

Andrew Rannells is so good. Don't believe me?
Andrew performing "I Believe" from the Book of Mormon at the Tony Awards.
Andrew performing "Let Me Be Your Star" from Smash on Girls.

No, Andrew was not on Smash, but I imagine that if he was, he could have been Tom Levitt's happily ever after.

Andrew Rannells is crazy talented and not to mention he's drop dead gorgeous. Andrew Rannells is one of the most beautiful people in my opinion. I mean...





 He's a very good looking man. I hope he wins his Tony and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. I hope he comes back to Broadway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

Defending Jesse St. James to the Death

I've already done my casual screaming about Jonathan Groff. You can read it here.  Today, we're going to talk about the character he played in Glee. That character is my favorite character in Glee: Jesse St. James. I'll try not to make this post too long. People look at Jesse as the villain of season one. I understand why they feel that way, but I disagree. I know. If you believe him to be the villain, you'll point out when he and the rest of Vocal Adrenaline eggs Rachel in the McKinley High parking lot which can be seen here: Rachel says "Break it, like you broke my heart." And Jesse responds "I loved you." And then breaks the egg on her head. Jesse really did love Rachel. I know he only got involved with her initially to set her up and to try and destroy New Directions from the inside, but he did end up falling in love with her. I, personally, believe that she deserved the egging. Mostly because she broke his heart. Let's not forget t