Skip to main content

Fangirl Friday: Sebastian Stan

 Heyo! Happy Friday. Today's post is about one of my favorite actors who I have been a fan of for more than half of my life. So without further ado, let's get into it.

Most of you who clicked on this post know Sebastian Stan for playing Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Some of you have been fans since his first appearance in the MCU in 2011 and some are relatively new due to his appearance in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier show that premiered on Disney+ last year.

My introduction to Sebastian Stan was sometime in 2007ish. I don't remember exactly when, but I know I wasn't even a teenager yet. I didn't have cable, I had a select few channels on TV with my crappy little antenna. On one of the channels, they were showing The Architect. NOW I was 10 or 11 when I watched this film, I haven't watched it since. I believe there was a sex scene between Sebastian Stan and another character. That truly was my first introduction to this man. Thus, also began my undying crush on Sebastian.

As stated, it was 2007 or 2008. I didn't have a phone. We had one family computer in my house. I didn't even use Google like I use it today, I used Yahoo. So I didn't know how to find out who that actor was. So I wasn't really able to keep up with him like I can keep up with actors I like today.

Fast forward a few years when Hot Tub Time Machine came out in 2010. I watched it because I'm a John Cusack fan. Was not expecting to see Sebastian, but I immediately recognized him. I did have a phone at this point, but it was a small phone that still had a keyboard and it didn't have internet on it, yet. So again, Sebastian eluded me. Though this time, I got his name from the credits!

That was also the time Black Swan came out. I felt like the universe was teasing me with the man. I was young. I had hopes to marry him. Imagine 13-year-old me, believing I was going to marry Sebastian Stan when I turned 20. I am about to be 25 years old and have never been in a relationship.

If you know me in real live or online, you know I refer to him as "Baz" while the rest of the internet calls him "Seb". The nickname came from a character in a soap opera my mom was watching around this time. It stuck and will forever be how I refer to him. I give most celebrities I am a fan of nicknames. Take it or leave it.

I was a casual Marvel fan because my mom is a comic book fan. I grew up with the X-Men cartoon and I loved the first Iron Man when it came out. But I had no interest in watching Captain America: The First Avenger BESIDES the fact that Sebastian was in it. Little did I know that the franchise would put their claws in me and keep me hostage for over a decade.

Seeing him in the first Captain America, made me fall in love with him all over again. Sending all my love to the costume and make-up departments of that film. Because Bucky in uniform lives rent free in my head forever.

Then he appeared as The Mad Hatter in Once Upon a Time. He should have been in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, but Marvel really kept the man hostage. This is a joke. Marvel, don't come for me. You've already ruined my life in more ways than one.

From 2011 until when my family finally got cable in 2014, I tried my best to keep up with his career the best I could. I watched all of Gossip Girl even though he was in it very briefly. When we got cable I was able to watch a lot of his films that I had previously missed.

As of writing this post, I have seen everything (shows included) he's been in EXCEPT his two newest films, Fresh, The 355, and his new show, Pam & Tommy but I'll watch those soon.

At the beginning of this post, I claimed that he is one of my favorite actors. It's not just because I think he is one of the beautiful people, but because I genuinely enjoy watching him. He disappears into the characters he portrays on screen. It's incredible. 

If you are a new or casual fan of his, I highly recommend going through his filmography. Though some of his films aren't for everyone. If you have only seen him as Bucky Barnes, I recommend checking out his other roles.

The man is so good and now, he's been getting a lot more recognition that he rightfully deserves. I cannot wait to watch his three newest roles and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't