Skip to main content

Casually Screaming About Shane Dawson Series and Makeup Palette

Let me start off by apologizing for the lack of photos in this post. I still do not have Wi-Fi and I am still posting from my phone. Sprint has unfortunately stopped allowing me to upload photos to add to my posts. Sprint sucks and I can't wait to change carriers.

But anyway let's talk about Shane Dawson's series on YouTube and his makeup palette. I am not into make-up at all. I am a non-binary person of the female sex but I have only worn makeup three times in my 22 years of life. At two weddings I was bridesmaid for and for my prom which was a total bust because I cried all my make-up off before I even got to the venue.

Now that you have learned I am unqualified to talk about makeup let's talk about Shane's series. I have mentioned my love for Shane in a past blog, but I shall reiterate. I have been watching him on YouTube since I was ten. He got me through middle school and high school. Convinced me through a skit video to stay alive and I do credit him as one of my biggest heroes and inspirations. He means a lot to me.

So it was no surprise that OF COURSE I was going to watch his new series with Jeffree Star, whom I also have been a fan of for a long time. Al though, I went in not caring that much about makeup, I was very intrigued to see behind the scenes. I do love watching makeup videos, despite my disinterest in partaking in the art, myself.

Out of fear of this post being too long and me getting repetitive I'm not going to go episode by episode.

I was not disappointed with the series. Though, I am not the biggest fan of how Shane and his cameraman/producer/editor, Andrew Siwicki edit the videos. That is my ONLY critique, but I still love the videos wholeheartedly. Shane handled the drama with James Charles very well. I remember when it all happened. I wasn't too deep into it, but I was watching James before the drama. I did not stop watching him because of the drama I just stopped. I don't have a legit reason.

The series chronicled Shane and Jeffree working together on two eye-shadow palettes, some lipsticks and some new merch for Shane. I wish I wasn't poor so I could give them all my money for that merch. The tracksuit, the pig backpack. Everything looks good. I have been dying to get Shane merch since middle school. I remember the first time I ever walked into a Hot Topic and how disappointed I was that they didn't have anything of his in the store.

Seeing into the world of makeup was so interesting for someone as ignorant as me. Seeing how they choose colors and names. To see all of the planning that goes into it had me amazed. Obviously I knew planning goes into every business, but I didn't know just how much planning goes into makeup launches.

To see the photos from the photo shoot, I was blown away. Not shocked. Shane and Jeffree are two very attractive people. Yes, 11 year old me had the biggest crush on Shane. It was between him and Joe Jonas. And coincidentally Shane and I both came out the same year. Around the same time. But anyway the photoshoot had me floored. Its so good. The sets. The costumes. The makeup. All iconic.

I went into this series knowing makeup isn't my thing so I had no hopes or expectations of getting the palettes or the lipsticks. However, I want to buy everything. Maybe this can be my gateway drug into makeup. When they revealed the box designs and all of the shades I wanted it. This is the first time in my whole life I have actually wanted to play around with and wear makeup. Well, besides my emo phase when I wanted black lipstick and eyeliner.

And the reveal at the end! They're releasing that stunning emerald eye-shadow. I want it so badly. If only I had money. A dork can only dream. I am super impressed with this collection. Before the launch, I knew it was going to sell out. Everytime Shane doubted himself during the series I really said "shut up we love you" and was I wrong?

This collab is one of the, if not THE biggest makeup launch in history. It broke records. It broke the internet. I could not be prouder of Shane and Jeffree. They truly won 2019. Not that there was a competition. But they won.

During the end of the finale episode I found myself smiling so wide. I truly am proud. I've never been so proud of anyone in my life. My heart is full of love for them and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for them.

So as they close up 2019 with a bang, I am looking forward to Shane's next series and Jeffree's next makeup launch. However, for now they both deserved a break. A long one.

Thank you, Shane, Jeffree and Andrew for this series and for this collection.

Shout out to Jeffree's whole team at his company who also starred in this series. They are all icons. I wish I remembered everyone's names but they know who they are. And if you watched the series, you know who they are too.

The collection is sold out, but I believe both eye-shadow palettes can be preordered for the next shipment. I'll include links below.

You can watch the series here.
The collection is sold out but here is Jeffree's website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't