Skip to main content

Celebrating Eight Years Loving the Love of My Life

 Heyo! McCartha here, coming at you with a half-serious, half memeish post!

If you're new here, let me introduce myself. I am McCartha Evita Monteith. It is not my actual name, but a name I have chosen. Each of those three names correlates to something special in my life. Monteith in honor of the late Cory Monteith, who portrayed Finn Hudson in Glee and is one of my heroes. Evita because I am Latinx and when I started learning Spanish in high school, I was obsessed with the musical, Evita. Lastly, McCartha is a name bestowed on my for my obsession with Paul McCartney. It was given to me by someone who I don't talk to anymore, but I will fondly remember him for the rest of my life. Also it helped me decide to officially change my name - when I can afford it.

What does me explaining my name have to do with celebrating the love of my life?

Today marks eight years since I fell in love with Paul McCartney. Oh, you don't know who Paul is? Great because he is the person I can never get tired of talking about. And yes, I call him the love of my life as a bit of a joke.

Sir James Paul McCartney is a rockstar, singer, songwriter, musician, artist, children's book author, half of Lennon-McCartney, and former Beatle. Yes, he was in the world-famous - or infamous depending on who you ask - band, The Beatles.

He has written some of the most iconic songs and continues to make music. Before you say anything, yes I am aware of his age and I am aware he is 54 years older than me.

The fact that I fell in love with a man 54 years my senior when I was 15, has always been something people teased me about and yes, for the first year I kept it secret. It was like a forbidden love because people would be a bit mean sometimes.

Now imagine me, 15 years old. In high school. Depressed. No friends. Suicidal. And then I fall in love with a man the same age as my grandfather.

Eight years later, my love for him has become a bit of a meme and it is my brand. I wear my love for him like a badge. He is my ride or die celebrity crush.

I often joke about how I will never love another person like I love Paul, which is half-joke, half a genuine fear of mine. I have never loved anyone so deeply. I proudly and jokingly call him the "love of my life" because that is just how I feel.

No, I am not delusional. I know he doesn't know I exist. I know that I may never have the chance to meet him, but that is how I feel. He has gotten me through the darkest times.

He continues to be a constant muse. A lot of my writing is inspired by his music and, yes I have written some characters inspired by him. In my fanfiction days, I did write a lot about him and The Beatles. I regret nothing. It may be cringey, looking back but writing those fics saved my life. That's a story for another post.

In 2013, I had one of the biggest fan accounts for him and The Beatles on Instagram. As of December 12, 2020, that account has 44.4K posts - seriously - and I guarantee at least 85% of those posts are photos of Paul and The Beatles. I am exposing myself, so be kind. If you want to check if I'm telling the truth about my IG, you can find it here. Yes, my username Drink_To_Me is an ode to the Wings song, "Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)".

If you're wondering if I have a favorite song by Paul, I don't have a single song. I have a top 10 list from throughout his career because he has so many bops.

    1. "Temporary Secretary" by Paul McCartney
    2. "Drive My Car" by The Beatles
    3. "Junk" by Paul McCartney
    4. "No More Lonely Nights" by Paul McCartney
    5. "My Valentine" by Paul McCartney
    6. "Fuh You" by Paul McCartney
    7. "My Love" by Wings
    8. "Goodnight Tonight" by Wings
    9. "Yesterday" by The Beatles
    10. "Dark Room" by Paul McCartney
    Those are my current top 10. It sometimes changes. My favorite album of his is Kisses on the Bottom. I just wanted to write something to celebrate today. I jump at any excuse to write about Paul at this point.
    Here are some other posts I've written about Paul:

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

    I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

    Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

    Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

    That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

    Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't