Skip to main content

Let's Talk About COVID

 Yes, you read that right. On my blog, where I usually just write about entertainment or fun history stories, I am talking about current events for once.

This is a more serious post than we're used to here on my blog, but I feel like I can no longer be silent about this. There will not be any photos, so it'll be a lot of text. I am sorry.

Let me start by disclaiming that this will not be your regular "x people have died from COVID" article. This is all me speaking from experience. My personal experience.

In July 2020, COVID affected my family. The six of us had to legitimately quarantine inside our house for almost a month. However, only my parents, sister-in-law, and I had symptoms. Fortunately, both of my brothers were untouched.

Fortunately, everyone in my family is alive and doing well! But few families are as lucky as we are.

My mother is a delivery driver for several apps. We believe she was our patient zero and brought the virus to us since she was the first one. I am going to expose her, but she never reads my blog so I'm safe. She may have gotten it from now wearing her mask while working. Now, she both drives people and delivers food. So she is at high risk. NOW she wears her mask at all times, but let me tell you, having my family having COVID almost ended in death.

My father, who is in his fifties, was really sick. He had to go to the hospital. He wasn't eating. He was also saying that he didn't think he was going to make it. That is absolutely terrifying to think about. At the time, he worked at a retirement home, so it's a good thing we caught it when we did. It took him a lot longer than the rest of us to recover, but it was so scary. My dad never gets sick. So seeing this virus nearly take him out was one of the worst experiences of my life.

My sister-in-law is in her mid-twenties, however, she was also very sick from the virus. She was the first to test positive, and if it wasn't for her going to the hospital, we wouldn't have known why my parents were sick. She said it was one of, if not the scariest experience.

Me? I had the mildest symptoms of the virus, fortunately. I had body aches, basic cold symptoms, and a hard time breathing - which is terrifying for someone with asthma. However, despite having mild symptoms, it was still scary to deal with, especially knowing how strong the virus is and how many people it had killed.

Why am I writing about COVID? Because there are people who still believe it is a hoax. There are people who don't wear their masks. Who still travel when they don't have to. Who party!

It angers me so deeply. How can you be so careless and selfish? How can you be such an idiot?!

I am appalled at how my country handled and is still handling the pandemic. My government is a joke. And yes, at the time of writing this post, Joe Biden has been inaugurated, and he is in the office, but I am still waiting to see if he will do anything.

The entire world laughs at America because we are populated with a bunch of idiots! When I finally got to see my doctor for my physical, the first thing he said was "we can eradicate this virus in three weeks, but because people are morons, it will never happen". And he's right!

And I know that there are people doing their part and thank you. Thank you so much.

Thank you to every single nurse, doctor, and medical professional who is at the front lines dealing with this virus firsthand. I cannot put into words how grateful I am for you guys. Thank you to every single essential worker who is laying their lives on the line so we can get our groceries and do our laundry. Thank you to every single funeral home, mortician, etc who has to deal with our dead. You do not get any of the recognition and you guys are being heavily affected by this virus.

Wear your mask. Wash your hand. STAY HOME IF YOU CAN! Obviously, there are people who cannot work from home and this isn't for you.

This is for the obnoxious people who protested to open up hair salons.

Your regular programming will return this Friday. Hopefully, I don't have to write another serious post like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't