Skip to main content

My Top 10 Singers - 2021 Update

 Heyo! Hope you're doing well! The last time I made a post like this was 2018 and let me just say a lot has changed. A lot! If you want to see the last post, you can find it here. I also created a playlist of my favorite songs from the people on this list, so check it out!

10. Taron Egerton

Taron Egerton is more known for his acting than his singing, but in three of his roles, he sang on the film's soundtrack. Those films are Eddie the Eagle, Sing, and Rocketman. There are quite a few songs that I wanted to include, but per past Top Singer posts, I chose one: "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)" from Rocketman where Taron portrayed Elton John. His voice is absolutely amazing. I don't think anyone else could have played Elton John as well as he did. Not only is Taron Egerton one of my favorite singers, but he is also one of my favorite actors. If you are unfamiliar with his work, I highly recommend watching pretty much any film he's been in, no matter how small the role. The man deserves his own Fangirl Friday post. I made a playlist on Spotify of all the songs he's sang that I could find on the platform.

9. Hadley Fraser

This was another hard one to choose a song for. I mean this man's voice is absolutely amazing. So I found a compilation of him singing. However, the song I was originally going to choose for this post was "Just Let Go" from his EP of the same name. I first discovered him the same way I discovered his good friend, Ramin Karimloo: in the Les Miserables' 25th Anniversary Concert where he played Granitaire. He's played other characters in Les Miserables, including Marius and Javert. He also performed again with Ramin in the 25th Anniversary of Phantom of the Opera, where he played Raoul. Another song that I'd recommend is "Beyond the Door" from The in-Between. Also, his version of Stars, when he played Javert in Les Mis. The last song he sings that I'll recommend in this post is "Again".  Basically, anything he sings is absolutely amazing. I am constantly blown away by this man's talent.

8. Joey Batey

In 2020, I fell in love with Joey Batey's portrayal of Jaskier in Netflix's show, The Witcher. Besides his adorable acting, and the fact that he is so pretty, he has an outstanding voice. I considered choosing "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" since that is the song that everyone was obsessed with for the first half of 2020, but I figured everyone has heard it. So instead, I chose a song from his band The Amazing Devil. I chose my favorite TAD song, "Welly Boots". All of the songs he sings on The Witcher soundtrack are amazing as well as all of The Amazing Devil's music. "Her Sweet Kiss" and "The Fishmonger's Daughter" from The Witcher are absolute BOPS! Some of my favorite TAD songs that feature mostly his voice are "Elsa's Song", "Fair", and "Marbles".

7. Taylor Momsen

You may or may not know that I am a rock fan. The Pretty Reckless is a band I listen to pretty regularly, and that is mostly because their lead singer, Taylor Momsen, has one of the most incredible voices. The song I chose by the band for his post to show off Taylor's voice is "Death by Rock and Roll". Her voice and The Pretty Reckless' music is my musical aesthetic. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd end up crushing and being a die-hard fan of Cindylou Who and Jenny Humphrey because of her voice. My favorite song by the band is actually "Heaven Knows". I remember the first time I heard that song. It changed my life forever, and it's still one of my favorite songs of all time.

6. John Legend

If you have been following my blog for a while, you know I wrote a post about John Legend's wife, Chrissy Teigan back in 2018. I am absolutely positively in love with this couple and they are my couple and family goals. But we're not here to talk about his personal life. We're here to discuss his music and why he is one of my favorite singers of all time. The song I chose for the post was "Ordinary People" which is hands down my favorite song of his. I have been a fan of his for a very long time, but I never really knew his name. For the first few years, I only knew him as the cute piano player that sings well. Now he is an artist I listen to regularly. He is also my favorite performer to have portrayed Jesus Christ. Not just in Jesus Christ Superstar, but in ALL Jesus media I have ever watched. I suggest just putting his Spotify artist page on shuffle.

5. Freddie Mercury

In 2017, I had a MAJOR Queen obsession. It leaked onto this blog and if you want to read any of those posts, you are welcome too! Queen, in my opinion, is the greatest band who ever existed. I chose "Don't Stop Me Now" for this post, but if you were wondering, my favorite Queen song is actually "The Invisible Man". Any song I could have chosen shows how amazing of a singer Freddie Mercury is. He was an icon with more talent than anyone else I can think of. I have been a fan of Queen for as long as I can remember because Freddie Mercury's voice just has this pull. A lot of people don't know he also had a solo career outside of the band. He had so much talent and losing him is probably one of the biggest blows. Can you imagine how much different music would be today if he was still around?

4. Jack White

Jack White is hands down my favorite musical artist. The talent this man has amazes me. Between his solo career and his bands and other musical projects, Jack White continues to release QUALITY content. It was so hard to choose one song for this post. I went with "Would You Fight for My Love". I don't know if I have a favorite song of his, because I love his entire catalog. I've been a fan of his for a while, but he became my favorite artist in college. I don't know why, that's just when I started listening to him every single day. I love his style. I love his voice. Man is amazing. 

3. Ramin Karimloo

A frequent entry in my top singer lists since 2011, Ramin Karimloo once held the number one spot. His voice is enchanting and beautiful. Similarly to Hadley Fraser's entry, I found a compilation of Ramin singing because calling him talented is an understatement. I hope to one day see him perform live. He is, to this day, my favorite Phantom from Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies. I know people don't like LND, but I do. It is one of my favorite musicals. I highly recommend listening to both of Ramin's solo albums and every musical he's ever recorded a studio album for.

2. Madeline Hyland

Madeline Hyland just so happens to also be a part of The Amazing Devil. Yes, she is Joey Batey's music partner. Her voice is also amazing, which is why she made this list. The song I chose to showcase her voice is "The Unwanted Animal" by The Amazing Devil. Her voice has the grittiness that I love, while also being so beautiful. Three of my favorite TAD songs that feature mostly her voice are "Pray", "Little Miss Why So" and "Farewell Wanderlust". She really almost knocked my #1 from their spot. That is how much I love her voice. Thanks to her vocals - and Joey's - The Amazing Devil has become one of my favorite artists of all time. I highly recommend checking them out.

1. Remington Leith

Is anyone really shocked? Remington has been my #1 for a while now. Palaye Royale is still my favorite band. Nothing much has changed here since the last Top Singers post. I still don't know what it is about his voice. Palaye Royale is my musical aesthetic. The band that I have been looking for my whole life. A big reason I love this band is Remington's voice. I remember clearly hearing his voice for the first time and being blown away. For this post, I chose "Tonight is the Night I Die". It is a great song, but every song by this band is A+ quality. Remington also lent his voice to Andy Black's character, Johnny in the film, American Satan. So his voice is the lead on The Relentless' album, American Satan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't