Skip to main content

My Top 5 Favorite Singers (Sept. 2018 Update)

I did this last year. If you want to see how my taste has changed, you can find that post here. There are two people still in my top 5 from last year and 2 from the year before and one who is brand new who I recently learned about.

So without further ado, here if my top 5 favorite singers. They're all guys. I'll probably do a top 10 favorite female singers at some point because that deserves a post of its own.
5. Freddie Mercury

Freddie Mercury had one of the greatest voices, if not the greatest voice of all time. He is best known for being the lead singer and frontman of Queen. He's the guy who wrote and sang "Bohemian Rhapsody".

It was so hard to choose just one song, for this post. I found the video above which is his vocals alone for the song "Somebody to Love". His voice is a big reason I ever got attracted to Queen who is one of my favorite bands of all time. I've written some posts about them in the past.

Freddie's voice is just so good. Listen to any Queen song.
4. Jack White

Jack White is one of my favorite artists. Every band he's been in and all his solo music is my favorite music to listen to. Like I never have to be in the mood to listen to his music. I love his style that much.

And I'll admit he doesn't have the most beautiful voice, but it is very appealing to me. He is one of the few artists that I can never get tired of. It was so hard to choose a song for this post. I listened to eight different ones and landed on "Lazaretto".

He is just so good, but I understand that his music is not for everyone. So if you're not a fan, I get it. But you cannot deny that this man is full of musical talent.
3. Ramin Karimloo

Ramin Karimloo previously held the number one spot - ties with Brendon Urie. He has such a lovely voice. This man can sing anything and I would be mesmerized. I chose "Till I Hear You Sing" from Love Never Dies, written by Andrew Lloyd Webber with Ramin in mind.

He is still the number one person I dream of hearing sing live one day. I just think his voice is SO amazing. For a while, I did listen to his voice to sleep. I had a playlist of the songs he sang in Phantom 25 and Love Never Dies. And his voice is so soothing. It was great.
2. Brendon Urie

My fangirl history with Brendon Urie's voice goes all the way back to the first time I heard "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! at the Disco on the radio. I fell in love with his voice, but I was maybe eight and it was on the radio so I didn't know who he was. Then in 2011, I saw the music video for "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" and had an immediate crush on Brendon and then found out he was the one who and sang "...Sins..."

I became obsessed with Panic! at the Disco in 2011 and they became my favorite band very quickly. I chose Brendon performing the piano version of "This is Gospel" as the song for this post, but really Brendon's vocals are good on any song. Even the few songs he's covered on radio shows.

The man is a GOD.
1. Remington Leith

THIS! So for the past ten years, I never thought I would love a voice more than Ramin Karimloo's or Brendon Urie's. Then comes me falling in love with the band Palaye Royale. And their lead singer's voice.

Holy crap. Remington Leith's voice is amazing. At least in my opinion. This band is the aesthetic I have been looking for. And his voice is amazing. I chose "Mr. Doctor Man" by Palaye Royale because that's the first song I heard that made me fall in love with the band, but I didn't fall in love with Remington's voice until I heard it in American Satan.

So I'll insert my favorite song from the movie that he sings, "We Lose Control" by the Relentless below. If you're not into metal or hard rock, I'm sorry and don't feel like you need to listen to this song.
Remington's voice is one I could listen to sing whatever he wanted to and be mesmerized. I cannot explain why I feel this way, I just do. He is SO talented, I was blown away.

And let me tell you since I had the same favorite singers for ten years it was weird for me to admit that I liked Remington's voice more.

So that has been my updated top 4 favorite singers. I think I'm going to make an update to this every year because my music taste does change a lot.

Like last year it was very Broadway related heavy. And this year it's very rockstar heavy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't