Skip to main content

Fangirl Friday; Palaye Royale

Today, I'm going to casually scream about a band I recently came across and have fallen in love with. That band is Palaye Royale.
Full disclaimer: I am still a very new fan. I have not dived into them like I have for other bands, but that time is coming soon.

But I have been listening to their music a lot and WE STAN. They are the first band that fully encompasses my aesthetic. I have no idea how to explain it other than that.

If blogger gives me issues inserting videos I have plenty of photos.

The band is made up of three members:
Remington Leith - Vocals
Sebastian Danzig - Guitar
Emerson Barrett - Drums
Sebastian Danzig, Remington Leith, and Emerson Barrett
I don't know how accurate Spotify is, but that is what I am using as my source for their filmography, but I know Spotify sometimes doesn't have all of an artist's discography.

I am specifically scheduling this to be posted the day their second album comes out.

Discography:

EPs:
The Ends Beginning (2013)
Studio Albums:
Boom Boom Room (Side A) (2016)
Boom Boom Room (Side B) (2018)
Emerson, CrankThatFrank, and Remington
Backstory as to how I came across them as I always do. As you know if you read my Waterparks blog (which you can find here) I mentioned how CrankThatFrank is one of my favorite YouTubers. All the way in January of this year, Frank did a video with two members of Palaye Royale, Emerson, and Remington.

I was meaning to listen to them because again, I say, I trust Frank's music taste more than people I know personally. However, month flew by and I didn't finally listen to them until early August. And let me just say, I am kicking myself for not listening to them sooner.
As I said earlier in this post, Palaye Royale achieves the rock aesthetic I have been searching for my whole life. The closest a band has gotten to achieving my aesthetic was My Chemical Romance. I don't even know how to explain it. It's the physical aesthetic of the band member's fashion choices. The aesthetic and style of the music videos. Their song lyrics. Their sound. Don't even get me started on Remington's voice. He very quickly became my favorite singer. He beat our Brendon Urie.

If there was ever a perfect band for my taste, it's Palaye Royale.
The first song I heard by them was "Mr. Doctor Man". I am a sucker for good music videos and that is a GREAT one. It's included above so you can see for yourself. I fell in love with the song immediately and had it on repeat for days.

Not gonna lie, but the first thing I fell in love with is Remington's voice. Boy, he can sing! I can't even put into words why I love his voice. He's just become my favorite song, hands down. Not to mention that based on some of the live videos I've seen, his voice is just as amazing live.

But even if I didn't love his voice as much as I do, I would have still fallen in love with the band. They are just that good.

I wish I knew more technical music terms so I could better explain why I love them so much. The only way I can explain it is if you want to know what my true aesthetic is, it's everything to do with this band. Their outfits and videos are appealing to my eyeballs and their music and lyrics appeal to my brain.
I think I could go as far as saying that they are neck and neck with Panic! at the Dico as my favorite band. But honestly, I do enjoy Palaye Royale a little bit more. It's nothing personal @ Panic!. Panic! has gotten me through a lot of rough times in my life.

After listening to "Mr. Doctor Man" for the first time, it reminded me of when I heard "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" on the radio for the first time and fell head over heels in love with Panic! at the Disco.

As with all my posts about bands, now is the part where I talk about my favorite song. This is such a hard decision because I am writing this a day before Boom Boom Room (Side B) comes out and I have listened to Boom Boom Room (Side A) all day.
But if I had to choose one without thinking too much, it would be "Death Dance". It's a song that keeps getting stuck in my head and it sounded amazing when I blasted it in my dad's car last weekend. Blogger won't let me insert the video so it is linked in the title.

"Teenage Heartbreak Queen" was in close second. Boy, do they know how to write good music that gets stuck in your head. I don't have any least favorite song because they're that good.

Rate: 100/10 because they are so much better than I anticipated and no band has become my fave that fast.

They are a band that I can see myself listening to for the rest of my life just like Panic! at the Disco and My Chemical Romance.

I almost got tickets to see them, but they are performing the day before I see Waterparks - and in the same city - and it's an hour drive away from me and I cannot afford gas money like that. But one day I'll see them. I vow to one day see them.

Please check them out if you haven't. They are so good.

Check them out. Stan them. Support them. Buy Boom Boom Room (Side B) today, or save it on Spotify.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't