Skip to main content

My Top 5 Favorite Singers (As of July 2017)

The last time I wrote a blog post about my top 5 favorite singers was over a year ago on my old blog, which is not retired, but still up so you can see it here. My list has changed A LOT since then. There is only one person on both lists and he has move up to the #1 spot. I won't do this one backwards, I'll start with 1 and go down to 5. SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO HERE ARE MY TOP 5 FAVORITE SINGERS!
1. Ramin Karimloo

If you know me at all, you know that Ramin Karimloo is one of my favorite people of all time. I have been a fan of his since 2012, when I saw his portrayal of the Phantom in 25th anniversary production of Phantom of the Opera. His voice is amazing and soothing. I could listen to him singing anything on loop for the rest of my life, honestly.

The song I chose, is THE song that comes to mind whenever I think of Ramin or someone mentions him to me: "Why Am I Falling?"
Ramin is amazing. I really wish I can see him perform live one day.
2. Josh Groban

If you have ever listened to Josh Groban sing, you understand why he is on this list. He sings like the angel he is. He would be #1 if I wasn't so biased towards Ramin, honestly. I have been a fan of Groban for forever. It's been so long. I can't remember how old I was the first time I heard him. I know my dad is a pretty big fan of his. And I blame my dad for my love of music in general. But Groban is amazing. If you have never heard him sing who are you and why not? You've definitely heard him on the radio around Christmas time.

His most famous song is "You Raise Me Up" and I'll include that song below:
BUT! That is not the song that I want to be my "show off" song. This was a really hard decision being that I love all of his music and I also factored in some songs from Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812, which he just ended his run in AND a song he sang for the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie. I steered away from his Christmas album to spare you, but I chose is "Children Will Listen/Not While I'm Around" a beautiful mash up of a song from Into the Woods and Sweeney Todd from his album Stages.
Josh Groban is like a siren. He can sing me towards my death.
3. Dean Martin

Let me tell you that for a while Dean and Sinatra were neck and neck for this spot, but I chose Dean because I really do enjoy his voice more. And this is also biased because in my senior year of high school, I watched a ton of episodes of the Colgate Comedy Hour where he and Jerry Lewis made appearances.

For his song, I chose the song that made me learn who he was. It wasn't the first Dean Martin song I heard. Just the first one where I wanted to know the artist and looked him up. It's "Mambo Italiano"!
It's such a "basic" Dean Martin song, but I love it so much.
4. Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra is definitely the first singer I ever fell in love with. As I mentioned, my dad is the reason I love music and he used to play a lot of Sinatra. His voice is lovely. You fall in love with it. No matter what he sings.

Chosing his song was easy because it's a song that is constantly stuck in my head. "Fly Me to the Moon"
Sinatra is one of my "default" artists, which just means I listen to him when I'm not in the mood for anything specific.

5. Jack White

Jack White is my "one of these things is not like the other" for this list. His music is so different from the other four. But he is an artist that I not only love, he is my main "default" artist. I never have to be in the mood to listen to him. I can just put Lazaretto on shuffle on Spotify and be set for the next few hours before I put Blunderbuss on shuffle. He is one of my favorite artists of all time.

The song I chose was "Love is Blindness" from Baz Luhrman's The Great Gatsby soundtrack.
I was so obsessed wit this song when the soundtrack came out. And the whole soundtrack is great.

If I really wanted to I could have made both Groban and Ramin's songs "Bring Him Home" or "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" since they both did amazing versions of both songs, but I won't do that. At least not in this post. Maybe I'll do a top 5 "Bring Him Home"/"Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" covers/performances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't