Skip to main content

Remembering Cory Monteith

One of my favorite photos of him.
I didn't want to call this a "casual screaming" post because it's not. This post is dedicated to the memory of Cory Monteith. Someone who helped me through one of the darkest times of my life and someone we lost too soon.
Cory passed away in 2013. I remember when I found out. I remember it so clearly.  It was a Sunday and I slept through my alarm and my dad came to my room to wake me up. This was odd. I live on the 3rd floor of my house and the rest of my family lives on the second floor. This is one of the few times my father has climbed the stairs to my room.

He told me to get ready for church and he said they found an actor from Glee dead at a hotel. My dad and I are both Gleeks. We watched the show together and when he told me that, I fumbled with my phone to find out who. Honestly, I was hoping it was one of the new cast members because at least it would have hurt less because I had grown attached to the original cast. He said it was Finn and I just didn't want to believe it. I googled Cory and sure enough every news site was talking about it. And I really hoped it was a hoax. They had a death hoax about Chris Colfer in the past. I didn't want to believe it. But it was true.
As you can tell from this blog, my life revolves around celebrities. I follow them closely because these people are what keeps me going a lot of the time.

Cory was the first person I ever labeled a hero. I have always been a very weird and different person compared to my peers and I always hated the way I was. I watched Glee religiously. It was the Rocky Horror episode that helped me. There's a scene, where Cory's character. Finn walks through the halls of McKinley high in nothing but his underwear. Throughout the whole episode, he mentioned feeling insecure, but that scene, it was like he didn't care. And because of that I don't care if people see how weird I am. I'm proud of how weird I am because of that.

And I know. That was him just playing a role and all, but where I was in my life, it made a huge difference in my life.
Another favorite.
I don't want this post to just be depressing. I want to remember Cory and how good and fun he was. I wish I knew a way to include Instagram videos here, because Harry Shum Jr. posted some funny memories of Cory on his Instagram. But I guess we're stuck with interviews and Glee moments.

Cory on Ellen. This interview was unbelievable adorable. Here's a clip:
I found this clip of some of Finn Hudson's best moments:
Another clip of him on Ellen because why not?
Let's end the stream of clips with some of his most memorable performances on Glee:

"Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore"
"Jesse's Girl"
"Someone to Love"
"Bye Bye Bye/I Want it That Way"
"Damn It, Janet"
And last, but never least, the most iconic Glee cover: "Don't Stop Believin'"
I miss him so much and writing this post just made me miss him more. I have not been able to rewatch early episodes of Glee since his passing, but I listen to the songs all the time.
I had written a letter to Cory the day I found out. Like things I wish I could tell him and it's in a notebook somewhere. I wish I knew where it was so I could write it here. Maybe if I find it, I'll add it to a post on his birthday next year. Let me end with a spam of photos because I don't know how else to end it and I saved a lot of photos for this post and cried.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't