Skip to main content

Fangirl Friday: Måneskin

Happy Friday! Today's spotlight is on my current favorite band: Måneskin! To be fair I'm still a relatively new fan, but they were my #1 artist on my SpotifyWrapped as they so rightfully deserved. Their music is so good, so I figured why not write about them. There is a specific reason I decided to write this for today and it's because they dropped their new album Rush today!

(L-R) Damiano David, Thomas Raggi, Ethan Torchio, Victoria de Angelis

I first heard of Måneskin when they won Eurovision in 2021. I was casually on Tumblr and people kept posting about them. NOW I am just a dumb American and knew of Eurovision, but I never watched it nor had ever wanted to. I never heard about any of the winners. Never looking into it, until this band.

They represented Italy for Eurovision, but they don't only do songs in Italian.

I will be completely honest, what drew me to the band was a photo I saw of lead singer, Damiano David. I am a simpleton at heart. I see an attractive man I want to know more. And then I heard the man sing and I was sold.

Sure, I became a fan of this band at first just over the lead singer, but I have come to love and appreciate the other members.

We've got:

  • Damiano David - Singer
  • Thomas Raggi - Guitar
  • Victoria de Angelis - Bass
  • Ethan Torchio - Drums

This band has completely ovetaken my life. I made a Tumblr sideblog dedicated to them. As I said before, they were my #1 artist on my SpotifyWrapped. My current ringtone is their song "CORALINE" and my text tone is the opening bassline to their song "MAMMAMIA".

The first song I heard by them when I looked them up was their cover of "Beggin'" because the first thing I thought was interesting because I went through a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons phase in high school. However, I didn't know their cover of "Beggin'" was a cover of a cover. The band's version is actually a cover of Madcon's cover of the original Four Seasons song. There are some changes to the original song, but it's so good.

Then I heard "I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE" on the radio and that became my favorite song of theirs for a bit.

I will be completely transparent. I first heard about them mid 2021 and I only listened to the same 5 songs of theirs on repeat before actually listening to all their music and becoming the diehard fan I am now in August of 2022. That is why I said I'm still a relatively new fan.

Something happened August 3, 2022 that made me dive into their entire discography. If you witnessed it on my Tumblr, I greatly apologize. I was feral and going through all the emotions. What happened you may ask? I am not at liberty to divulge that information on this blog, but you can ask me on Tumblr or Twitter.

Il ball della vita album cover and tracklist

Måneskin has released four albums. My personal favorite is "Il ballo della vita" which is their second album. I love the vibes of the album. I do want to do a "Kinda Review" of it.

Choosing a favorite song by the band is so hard. My most played song is "For Your Love" but I wouldn't say that's my favorite, but it's up there. I'm going to have to do a "Top 10" ranking post for their music. In my opinion, they haven't released anything less than a bop. I still need to listen Rush that was just released.

I feel the need to say that they covered "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers, who are one of my favorite bands of all time and have been one of my favorite bands since 2006. Måneskin's cover is so good and I don't even like covers. Especially rock covers. But their cover gets a pass and a gold star.

I very well might do a "Fangirl Friday" post for each member because they are all so talented. I can write an essay on how their music has altered my brain chemistry in the past five months.

The last time I fell so completely in love with a band so fast was when I got into Palaye Royale in 2018.

I highly suggest checking them out! Most people start with "Beggin'" when they listen to them, but I suggest listening to their Italian songs. I promise their Italian songs go so much harder than their English songs. Not that their English songs aren't good. Like I said, I don't think they've released a bad song, in my opinion.

I leave you with "The Loneliest" music video which I love with all my heart. I think I'll also have to write a post ranking my favorite music videos of theirs because their music videos are great!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't