Skip to main content

Kinda Review of Disney+'s Noelle

Heyo! Happy Holidays! This is the first post that was kind of requested. I put up a poll on my Twitter [@McCartheEvita] and the only vote was my reaction to Noelle.

I still don't have WiFi. Went all 2019 without WiFi. Its been a year but I kept up this blog somewhat.

Noelle is a Disney+ original. If you don't have Disney+ I'm sorry. You should get it if you can afford it. My mom got it as an early Christmas gift for me because I have been dying for it since it was announced.

This post will include spoilers so if you haven't seen Noelle and don't want to know how it ends go check out another one of my posts. I have many.

Let me start off by saying I am not the biggest Anna Kendrick fan so when I first saw the banner for it on the Disney+ app I wasn't planning on watching it. I don't dislike her. I just don't care for her. But then I saw a banner with Bill Hader whom I love with all my soul. I used to get teased for liking him because he was just the funny SNL guy when I was crushing on him hard in high school. Now he's taken more seriously and EVERYONE loves him. But its what he deserves.

Anyway I saw Bill Hader and I was like "oooh" and I decided to watch it one night when I couldn't sleep. I was expecting it to be cheesy. It was cheesy in the best ways. Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader played the kids of Santa Claus, Noelle and Nick, respectively.

Nick is the next Santa in line. So after their dad passes he has to take up the reigns of the sleigh. However, Nick ain't too good at being Santa. So Noelle jokes that he should take a vacation and come back fresh and ready for Christmas. He leaves and disappears leaving everyone in the North Pole confused and worried. The elder elves, wrongly, call for the next male in the family tree which is Noelle and Nick's cousin played by Billy Eichner. I love Eichner but I hated his character in this film.

Noelle goes to Phoenix, Arizona to find her brother because that's where he went according to her magazines. She goes after him and hires a private investigator to help her. The PI is this single dad named Jake. A bunch of shenanigans ensue and Noelle finds Nick, but he is now a yogi and doesn't want to be Santa. Throughout the film its revealed that Noelle has the powers all Santas have, which Nick is lacking.

In the end its revealed that Noelle is the true Santa all along and I cried. I cried when the little girl at the shelter called/signed Santa.

The movie as a whole was really good. I enjoyed it. I am a sucker for cheesy Christmas movies. I loved how in the end Santa was a girl. However, regarding the real life debate I'm not bothered. I'm okay with Santa being a dude, however if there ever is a female Santa sign me up to be a mall Santa.

Anyway, the writing was a bit lacking, but I'm not mad because its a kids movie and its not meant to be a cinematic masterpiece. Its a movie I would recommend to any family with young kids. Or any family. The youngest in my household is 17 and I want my whole family to watch this movie.

The casting was good. Again, I love Bill Hader with all my heart. Billy Eichner is an icon. And Anna Kendrick made me cry. So that's a thing.

If you like cheesy Disney movies or if you like cheesy Christmas movies this is the film for you.

Sorry this post was so short and quick. I'm trying to get a bunch of posts done before the year is over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't