Skip to main content

Fangirl Friday: The Carpetbagger

 Heyo! Another week down! This week's spotlight is on my favorite YouTuber, The Carpetbagger! This post is going to be different from most because I'm going to be including YouTube videos instead of photos. Bear with me.

I discovered The Carpetbagger YouTube channel in 2017. After dropping out of college (the first time) in 2016, I started watching a bunch of Disney vloggers, and among them was The Tim Tracker. I also was watching Adam the Woo at the time. So YouTube suggested The Carpetbagger channel to me. I've been a fan ever since.

The Carpetbagger channel is a traveling channel run by Jacob who I fully believe I would vibe with. He visits the most interesting roadside attractions as well as a lot of "haunted" attractions. I LOVE his channel in the Halloween season. 

My father and I have a lot of dream trips. Placed we'd like to check out, but don't have the means to at the moment. I get to live vicariously through Jacob's videos which I think is what made him become my #1 favorite YouTuber.

In my 2018 post about the YouTubers I watch religiously, he ranked #8. He travels to a lot of museums and that fuels my nerdiness. But I also love that he goes to oddities shops!

He's the only Travel YouTuber I watch, but he's the only travel YouTuber I need to watch. I've been wanting to go through every single one of his videos and make a list of the places he's visited because most if not all the places he's gone are places I think my dad and I would love to check out!

At the time of writing this, the last video of his I watched was his most recent video about The Thing in Arizona. It's the video above. He's made a few videos on this attraction, but every video is a little different.

Honestly, the man can make 100 videos on the same exact attraction and I'd watch them all.

I love Jacob's channel not only because I love the places he goes, but because I vibe with him Like I do admit to having a platonic crush on him. Jacob, if you ever see this post, please be my friend. You've only come to my state twice that I know of, but there is a museum in my city that you haven't seen and I think you would absolutely love it! Also, a few other museums in my area you'd like!

To quote the man himself, "this one's in the bag!" Thanks for checking out my rambling about my favorite YouTuber. Check out his channel!

If by some miracle Jacob sees this, thank you for your YouTube channel! It is a gift, keep up the good work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't