Skip to main content

An Untitled Book of Mormon One Shot [Writing #8]

Words: 790

Arnold and Kevin sat at the local Miami gay bar. Kevin had a beer and Arnold was on his third martini.
"I really think you should slow down," Kevin advised his best friend.
"I'm fine! It's not every day I get to order a martini. Thanks for dragging me to the gay bar tonight. I'm not gay, but I like it here more than the sports bar we used to go to."
"Yeah." Kevin scanned the room, looking for someone he could potentially flirt with and maybe hook up with.
"Hello, gentlemen." Someone put their hands on both men's shoulders. "How are you doing?" Kevin turned to see Connor. He couldn't help but smile at the redhead.
"I'm great, Connor. How are you?"
"I'm okay. Can I join you guys?"
"Of course!" Kevin had crushed on Connor since they met on their mission trip to Uganda. When the trip was over and the church disowned them, they all moved to Miami. It wasn't Orlando, but at least it was Florida. Kevin was closer to his goal that he was before.
"Where's Poptarts?" Arnold asked.
"He's at home," Connor explained. "He didn't want me to drag him to the gay bar again. How's the crowd tonight?"
"No, that good. It's pretty tame for a Friday night. But let me buy you a drink, Connor. Since you got that job, we never see you anymore." Kevin pointed out.
"Thanks. I'll have a cosmo. My job pays nicely and I enjoy it. It's a dream come true. How's med school going?"
"It's something." Kevin laughed. "Not like I expected, but I'm getting through."
"You're not having second thoughts about it, are you?" Connor asked. "I look forward to seeing Dr. Kevin Price. You sound like someone in General Hospital." Connor teased.
"Hey, Kevin!" Arnold had ordered two more martinis without anyone noticing. "I found someone you can hook up with! He's totally your type."
"Really? Who?" Kevin asked looking around the bar.
"He's a redhead," Arnold replied. "That's his type." He whispered to Connor, who smiled, shaking his head.
"Oh, really? I didn't know you had a thing for redheads." Connor laughed.
"Well, I-" Kevin had no idea how to save himself this time.
"I know more than a few redheads," Connor teased, drinking his cosmo.
"You know what, Arnold? I think you've had enough for tonight." Kevin took Arnold's martini and downed what was left in it.
"Connor, you're a good-looking guy. And Kevin is a good looking guy. Why don't you guys date or something?" Arnold asked. Kevin turned red with embarrassment. Connor laughed.
"Arnold, you're drunk. Shut up!"
"He may be onto something," Connor replied.
"What?" Kevin looked at Connor. "He's just drunk babbling."
"No, I'm not!" Arnold sounded like a toddler. "Connor, Kevin thinks your cute!" He announced. Kevin hid his face in his hands.
"Oh, Lord, please let this be a terrible dream and make him stop," Kevin mumbled to himself, beyond embarrassment.
"You two are only single because you don't see what's right in front of your noses!" Arnold, drunkenly, booped Connor's nose, getting a chuckle in response. "Look! Connor works with kids and Kevin wants to be a pediatrician! You guys are perfect together."
"Arnold, shut up. Arnold, please shut jump." Kevin wanted the night to end already.
"I am flattered that you think I'm cute, Kevin. And if I'm honest, you should know I have liked you since we first met in Uganda." Connor explained.
"What? Re- really?" Kevin asked.
"In Uganda, I was still trying to not be gay and after that, I just didn't want to make our friendship weird. And during the whole trip, you seemed as straight as an arrow." Connor laughed.
"See! If I never said anything you would still be making googly eyes at each other. Now you know each other's feelings. My work here is done! I deserve another drink." Arnold started ordering another drink.
"No, you don't! I'm cutting you off. He'll just have a water." Kevin told the bartender who nodded.
"You're no fun!" Arnold moped like a child.
"You know he's right, Arnold. You'll regret this in the morning like you always do." Connor pat Arnold's back. "Just drink the water and relax."
"Fine. I'm just going to lay my head don for a little while."
"Do you want to go home?" Kevin asked.
"No, I'm fine." Arnold lied his head down on the bar, making the other two men laugh.
"Guess this is my cue to get him home." Kevin pulled out his wallet.
"We can go back to your place and watch a movie," Connor suggested. Kevin looked at him.
"O- okay. We can do that."
"Great. I'll call an Uber." Connor smiled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't