Skip to main content

What Happened to the Falsettos Family After Whizzer Died?

Hi! Are you ready for a depressing blog post, because I am ready to write one!

Obviously, if you haven't seen or listened to Falsettos [SPOILER ALERT!!!] Whizzer dies at the end due to complications with HIV/AIDS.

Now that we've moved past that, let's go into some theories that I have thought up. I probably won't include any photos in this. Just a warning if it's all words. And I apologize if my "lingo" when talking about HIV/AIDS is wrong. I'm trying my best.

Also these are all theories or ideas of what could have happened to the everyone after Whizzer's death. Of course it's based on fictional characters and I do not mean to offend in any way. I don't think I will, but just in case, here's your disclaimer. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this post.

Okay, so we know that when Whizzer wasn't doing well, Dr. Charlotte took Marvin aside and told him that HIV/AIDS spreads from one man to another. This scene obviously sets up that Marvin will contract the virus. So that is cannon that Marvin probably contracted HIV/AIDS. Whether he succumbed to complications from it or not is up to debate.

I've thought over what happened to the tight-knit family after Whizzer's death multiple times. I have written one-shots that take place afterward - that I will post at some point for Writing Wednesdays.

I will start off with some happier theories so if you don't want to be heartbroken, you can at least read this bit.

I read this really cute one-shot of Cordelia and Charlotte using Whizzer's sperm to have a baby - obviously, the sperm was "taken" (I don't know how to explain) when Whizzer was alive and before he got sick.

This is such a cute idea. Imagine if they have a boy and name him after Whizzer - I don't think Whizzer's real legal name was actually Whizzer, but who knows?

Another kind of happy one is while Marvin does get sick, he doesn't succumb to complications and he fights for his son. He lives to see Jason graduate from high school and college and even get married.

At the funeral, Mendel suggested everyone write a letter to Whizzer and leave it at the grave as a way to mourn. Everyone does so, but what they don't know is Marvin took them all home and read them.

I think that after Whizzer died, Marvin starts seeing Mendel again and it's less of him needing to see a psychiatrist and more of him just needing to talk to someone and most of the "sessions" are them reminiscing about Whizzer.

I imagine Trina and Mendel having a baby. This doesn't have to do with anything. Just something nice.

I can envision Jason going to the cemetery once a week to spend time with Whizzer and talk to him because Whizzer was the one person who really understood him.

I have written one-shots based on some of these theories and I promise to post them.

Now on to the less happy theories. These are going to be sad. I am not holding back so this is your warning to run if you don't want sadness.

STOP IF YOU DON'T DO SADNESS
(Yes that is a link. Click it 😉)

After the funeral, Jason goes to Marvin's place after school every day to make sure he's doing away, but he knows his dad is depressed and not doing well. Once a week Trina comes over to cook for him and clean up.

After some time Marvin gets sick and gives up. Yeah, he's got his kid, but he knows Jason is going to be perfectly fine without him. It's selfish of him to give up easily, but he doesn't want to live without Whizzer and he doesn't want to suffer for the rest of his life. So he just let's go.

After Marvin passes away, Jason is next of kin and he's supposed to clean his dad's apartment out. Of course his parents and godmother's don't let him do it alone, but it's a heartbreaking experience, especially when they find a box of Whizzer's things in the back of the closet. Things Marvin never wanted to get rid of including Whizzer's leather jacket and his racquetball racquet. There's even a nice chessboard Jason didn't recognize. The last things in the box are a baseball and two mitts from the few times Whizzer and Jason played catch.

As Jason grows older, he begins to get interested in medicine and he goes to med school to try to help find a cure for HIV/AIDS. Charlotte and Mendel are proud. Trina and Cordelia are too, but now they have a third doctor in the family.

That was a straight thought instead of several theories, but like I've said I have thought about this a lot. I - being the pessimist I am - am really good at writing sadness.

This was a quick thing and a concept I was excited to share. Stay tuned! New writings every Wednesday. You may get a cute or depressing Falsettos one shot one of these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't