Skip to main content

Casual Screaming About CrankThatFrank

Apology: This was supposed to go up on Thursday, but mid-writing this post, I got sidetracked, so it's going up on Saturday because I had another blog scheduled for Friday, but I am writing this on Thursday night as I wait for

I am a consumer of content on YouTube. There are only seven people I watch religiously. Among those is CrankThatFrank. I've mentioned him in a previous post. I have been watching him for three years now.
I just love his content. I don't have photos to post so I'll include some of my favorite videos of his. It won't be a super long post, I just wanted to write a post about Frank because he is one of my favorite YouTubers and he's gotten me through some things in the past three years and I do consider him one my spiritual guru - this is a joke.

Two of his videos have changed my life for the better. I would not be going to my first real concert in November if it wasn't for him.
Quality content.
I really wanted to go to Frank's tour, but I am seeing Waterparks instead because that show is closer and was cheaper. But I had a whole dream where he convinced me to go to his tour and I almost bought tickets, but I'd need transportation and I, a twenty-one-year-old adult, didn't want to drag my dad to the show with me - even though he is coming with me to see Waterparks. Plus Frank's show is in Brooklyn, where I was born and (somewhat) raised. But in the end, I decided not to go.

I'm sorry, Frank. I still love you and Eva. Maybe next time you'll come to my state and I'll have my own car and license by then.

Frank makes "family friendly alternative content" for emo kids. While, I am twenty-one, but I am still and always will be a cringey emo kid.
This video changed my life.
My little brother is actually the one who introduced me to Frank's channel in my senior year of high school. Of all the emo YouTubers he watched at the time, for some reason Frank stood out to me and I fell down the rabbit hole.

I watched Frank a lot when I went away to college. I really set up my desk in my dorm as the prime YouTube viewing spot for my first semester.

Also let it be known that I am listening to My Chemical Romance as I type this post. I wrote a post about MCR last year, which you can find here. If I remember correctly, it was one of my first band related post and it was really bad so I'll probably write another post about them this October because why not? I need to do them justice because they really are one of my favorite bands.

But back to Frank!
I think my favorite part of watching Frank's videos is to see him be a meme. He has become a meme and he embraced it. Look up the video where he transformed into Shrek. It's inserted as the second video of this post. He is an icon. And while he doesn't do a lot of serious videos, I appreciate when he does.

Frank's videos have helped me through some dark times in my life. He is one of the people who taught me how to laugh again.

I say that his channel isn't for everyone. I wouldn't even say it's for everyone who labels themselves an emo. It's a comedic channel and I think everyone should at least check him out. And by everyone, I mean most people between the ages of thirteen and twenty-five. But hey, I'll probably still watch him as long as he makes content. I don't see myself growing out of him.

Also I quickly want to talk about when he first started mentioning the Kinda Emo tour and he kept stressing how he wanted to make the tickets as cheap as possible and how the tour also has the parent ticket which is cheaper. Like as a fan, that means a lot. I appreciate when people take care of their fans.
His most recent video.
And if Frank by any chance sees this, hi. Thank you for making videos. Thank you for being the emo train wreck you are. Keep doing you. And please keep collabing with band members because I have fallen in love with Waterparks and Palaye Royale thanks to you.

So that's it for this post. Please check out Frank's channel. And because I have to support him and give him promo, check his merch out at represent.com/store/crankthatfrank. I promise as soon as I can I will buy all of his merch. Especially the Dead Inside hoodie and probably the bookbag. Get the bookbag. It's so nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are Basically the Same Person

I, a 21-year-old adult, is still a HUGE fan of the High School Musical franchise. In high school, had I been a better planner, I would have asked Lucas Grabeel to be my prom date. And even though I was older than most viewers, I did love Teen Beach Movie when it came out. In this post, I am going to explain how Zac Efron and Garrett Clayton are basically the same person. Let's start at the beginning. You may know Zac Efron as Troy Bolton in the Disney Channel Original Movie (or DCOM), High School Musical and it's franchise. He is the attractive blue-eyed, protagonist of all three HSM movies. And I will admit that I was a huge fangirl for him in my youth. Honestly, now I can't stand him. But that's for another post. Zac portrayed Troy in all three HSM films, but he only sang in the last two. That's right. Zac Efron did not sing in the first HSM movie. That was the amazingly talented Drew Seeley whom I will love till the day I die. Similarly, Garrett Clayton pl

Is Marvin from Falsettos Abusive? And Why is He Such an Easy Character to Hate?

Is Marvin abusive? Short answer: yes. Long answer: You've come to the right place. "I love my tight-knit family. I love the way they cook linguine." Let's get this out of the way, this blog, as all of my blog posts are, is 100% my opinion. Unless stated directly that it is fact, this is all what's going on in my mind. Thoughts from a fangirl, if you will. Also I have to use Spotify to link the songs, because the entire 2016 revival cast album is not on YouTube and I know the revival album better than the original albums. Also this post is going to be long because I'm actually going through actual lines from the musical. I am going to try to sprinkle some photos into this post. "Lovers come and lovers go." Listen to "Marvin Hits Trina" on Spotify. Let's start with the most obvious: Marvin hits Trina after learning that she's going to marry Mendel. Where can you find this scene? In "Marvin Hits Trina". It'

That Time A President Conducted Meetings from the Toilet

Happy Monday! Another week ahead. This week's weird moment from history is how President Lyndon B. Johnson conducted meetings and interviews while on the toilet. I learned way too much about LBJ while doing research for this post and it is going to be a LONG time before I write another weird history post about him. But there will be at least another one in the future. Man was weird. Quick history lesson for my non-Americans who may not know who LBJ is. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the 36th President of the United States. He assumed the position following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He was president from 1963 til 1969. NOW if you're like me and you grew up with the rewatching the movie Forrest Gump over and over again your first introduction to LBJ might be when Forrest was being honored with the Medal of Honor and showed the president where he was "shot in the buttocks" during the Vietnam War.  I haven't watched Forrest Gump in years, but if you haven't